Saturday, June 13, 2009

City2Surf 2009

I will be participating for the second time in Sydney's premier fun run, the City2Surf, that starts at Hyde Park in the heart of the CBD and ends in Bondi Beach. The 14.1 km run will take place on August 9.

My tentative goal for this year is to shave off 9 minutes from last year's time, which was 68' 14'' (The winner, Martin Dent, did it in 41' 12''). It is a big ask. My weekly regime for achieving this goal is as follows:

  • At least two easy runs to enhance my cardiovascular fitness and correct my body posture, transforming my body into a lean, efficient oxygen engine

  • Trim down to my ideal running weight (which is around 56 kg)

  • One fairly difficult hill run to strengthen my leg muscles, i.e. do the round trip circuit from Macquarie Park to Epping train station

  • One interval training to improve my pace

  • One resistance training session to boost my upper and lower body strength

  • Enjoy each training session as much as possible, always keeping in mind Polar's motto: "Listen to your body".

No comments:

Post a Comment